Project Management is an essential component to any process and a recommended approach, through careful planning and organised effort, to ensure the success of any project.
A project, to be considered a success, should be on time, meet quality objectives, satisfying the end-users and be delivered within budget, preferably delivering tangible financial savings.
In fact, partnering encourages:
- The minimisation of the overall cost - a reasonable expectation of most Clients
- Cohesive working
- Sharing resources
- Sharing knowledge
The above is achievable through mutual agreements made and shared responsibilities throughout the project, using the concerted efforts of all the stakeholders.
echelon's involvement as project managers is to help the partnering team develop a project plan, for example
- Project goals & objectives - consensually agreed
- Development of Specification
- Specifying tasks
- Examine resources
- Development of open book
- Defining timelines
- Identifying risks and the management of those risks
- Performance Management - development of KPIs that are critical to the projects objectives
- Integration of the various partnering members
- Implementation of the Strategic and Operational Core groups
- Development of the Partnership Charter
echelon's involvement ensures that the partnership develops in accordance with the Egan report and does not develop into a contentious, adversarial relationship ‘of old'. We strive to maintain the progress and productive mutual interaction of the various parties, whilst mitigating the overall risk of failure.
Download a case study
Find out more about how we work and what we do by downloading PDFs of our case studies